Welcome to our website
2) What Personal Information Is Collected?
2.a) Personal Information
“Personal information” is given to us by you in connection with products we offer. This may be via our website, by phone or during a face to face meeting. Typically we collect data on our online enquiry form, subsequently if we communicate, and, also during the application process (if you apply for an insurance product via ourselves).
If you provide personal information about other individuals you confirm that you have their consent to do so.
The type of personal information we may collect typically includes:
- Identification information such as name, address, date of birth etc.
- Contact information such as email, telephone number, mobile number etc.
- Payment information such as credit / debit card or bank details etc. Underwriting information. This and any additional information which may influence an insurer’s decision as to whether to provide cover or the price at which that cover is provided such as your flying hours & aircraft type along with your health & occupation details.
3) What Your Personal Information Is Used For?
3.a) Policy Administration
We will use the information provided for:
- Obtaining quotations
- Applying for an insurance contract.
- Policy amendments
- Renewing your policy
- Verifying your identity when required
- Keeping you informed of important changes to your cover if required
- Letting you know of any relevant other insurance contracts & services.
- Sending you our annual bulletin & pilot benefit details
4) Who May Have Access To Your Personal Information?
We will endeavour to treat your personal information as private and confidential. However, there are circumstances in which third parties may be provided access to your information:
4.a) Exceptional Cases
We are obliged to disclose information in the following four exceptional cases permitted by law, and the other situations set out below:
- Where we are legally compelled to do so
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose
- Where disclosure is required to protect our interests
- Where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent
4.b) Insurance Related Circumstances
In order to provide our services we may be called upon to disclose the following to the potential or current policy underwriter:
Information about the risk presented so that the underwriter can make a fully informed decision as to whether to provide cover and if so on what terms.
Aggregated information for general reporting purposes such as premium written, commission due etc.4.c) Crime Prevention Authorities
In line with the requirement on us as a regulated intermediary to prevent fraud, money laundering and other criminal activities, we may from time to time:
Provide information to government bodies who have a responsibility to monitor that compulsory insurance requirements are met.
5) How Long May We Keep Your Personal Information?
If you buy a policy from us we will keep your personal information securely for a minimum of 15 years or until policy expires (if longer).
This is to ensure we can meet our statutory and regulatory obligations and to allow us to manage claims, policy amendments other queries or complaints.
In exceptional cases we may need to keep personal information associated with a policy for longer (e.g. if a whole of life insurance etc.).
If you have entered information to obtain a new business quote, (but don’t subsequently arrange a policy via ourselves) we will retain this information securely for a maximum of 5 years.
6) What Are Your Personal Information Rights?
You have a right in certain circumstances to:
- Access the personal information we hold about you,
- Correct personal information which is incorrect,
- Have your personal information deleted,
- Restrict us processing your personal information,
- Receive your personal information in a portable format,
- Object to us processing your personal information, and
In addition, you also have the right to withdraw at any time any permission you have given us to send you marketing information about our products and services.
7) How Is Your Personal Information Secured?
7a) For information secured via our online Quote Pages at www.flyingcover.co.uk
We receive your quote electronically and these are stored in 2 ways.
If printed out (paper format): in date order files and stored in secure locked cabinets In electronic format: in dedicated electronic enquiry files which are password protected.
7b) For information taken over the telephone, during interviews or at events etc…As per 7a) (i) above 7c) For actual applications for insurance cover which does proceed. All details are held in bound files and kept in secure lock and key storage cabinets both during and after processing 7d) For applications which are cancelled before policy inception.
The files for NPW (not proceeded with) applications will be kept for a minimum of 3 years as per 7c(i) above. 7e) For electronic communications via email. As per 7a) (ii) above
Your electronic communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
8) What If You Wish To Complain?
If you have a complaint about the way we process your personal data please contact email@example.com. Or call 01793 491888.
This website and its content is copyright of Stein Pilot Insurance - © Stein Pilot Insurance 2021. All rights reserved.Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following: